I downloaded your app, it’s fantastic! I have been looking for more station based drills for my novice and atom age kids. What I love is the mix of stations with small area games within your material, exactly what I think kids at this age should be doing. I am still a relatively new coach, so you have made it easy for me.Thank you again, very easy to follow plans. Coach Jason, Bow Valley Bruins, Calgary, AB.
A Complete Season of Half Ice Novice Hockey Drills Organized into Easy to Use Practice Plans
Download 45 half ice novice hockey practice plans for hockey players ages 5-8 that follow a full season curriculum. My brother Boe Leslie of Northern Roots Hockey wrote these practice plans at the request of one minor hockey association and have been used with over 100 associations since then! Every hockey practice plan contains a small area game drill, 3 fundamental skating drills, 3 puck skill drills, and 2 fun games. Check out the section of key teaching points, and recommendations for what this age of hockey player should know about the tactics of hockey. These hockey drills and practice plans make half ice or shared ice practices an efficient, finely tuned experience accommodating a high volume of players. They will save you, the coach, significant time planning. In fact, we have done it all for you!
“I highly recommend the Hockey Drills, Small Area Games, and Hockey Goalie Drills products for all youth hockey coaches. Boe and Nate Leslie have created a unique system of coach and player mentorship. I’ve enjoyed watching them develop their coaching business with the same professionalism and passion they brought to the game as players.” Andy Murray, 2011 IIHF Hall of Fame Inductee, 2009 NHL Jack Adams Coach of the Year Finalist
Benefits of The Complete Season Download:
- Complete practice plans for an entire season
- 45 half ice novice hockey practice plans
- PDF format: Easy to print or view on iPhone/Smart Phone
- Age appropriate hockey skill drills, stations, small area games, & team tactics
- Saves coach time & relieves pressures of a hectic schedule
- A learning tool to become a better coach
- Insure consistent, age appropriate skill development and game understanding
- Let kids explore the game
Half Ice Novice Hockey Practice Plans Include:
- 5 minute skating warm up drill
- 3 skating hockey drills
- 3 puck skill hockey drills
- At least one team system hockey drill
- A small area game drill
- Curriculum: 10 hockey skills / month over 6 month season (more than 60 individual skills!)
- Station based hockey drills maximize ice use
- We encourage coaches to add levels of competition and make adjustments to each drill appropriate for their teams
Team Systems Included:
We have included team systems in the Complete Season. It is our belief that coaches should teach team systems off-ice. This way, teams can can implement their dynamic structure while minimizing practice time spent standing around. Ice time is limited and expensive. Our Complete Season takes care of the planning, and lets the coach come to the rink ready to make the best use of ice time. Players learn and improve through fun, competitive practices involving skating, skills, tactics, and small area games. This manual will keep practices competitive as players stay engaged, improve and have fun. Each practice plan includes one team system drill.