The Victoria Hockey School now offers 2 weeks of camp:
- Aug 21 – Aug 25, 2017: Panorama Rec Center
- Aug 28 – Sept 1, 2017: Oak Bay Rec Center
A heartfelt thanks for the amazing week you and your fantastic staff have given to Will at the Victoria Hockey School. I am so impressed, and truly hope he has the opportunity to work with you and your team again. Cheers, Jessica Tamburino, Victoria, BC, goalie parent
The Victoria Hockey School Mission:
The Victoria Hockey School delivers world class instruction while putting a smile on the face of every player.
- Goalies: $199
- Players: $449
- Discounts: $50 each additional week or registration
- *Get 10% off by registering with a group of 10 players (friends, teammates, siblings, etc). Offer ends July 31, 2017!
How this discount works:
- Contact your friends who are likely already coming back to camp, or invite new ones. Share this link
- Decide on a parent contact who can communicate with me.
- Give your group a name (“The Vicki Group”)
- Have that parent email me a list of the players under that group name (you need 10 to start but can add to it over time)
- I’ll send your parent contact a PRIVATE PROMO CODE
- Families register here using your private promo code
- *Not available for goalies as price already heavily discounted at $199.
Train with former professional players who are now youth hockey development experts at the Victoria Hockey School this summer. The Victoria Hockey School is a great summer hockey school for players of all ages, Novice to Bantam. We believe in teaching using innovative methods, learning through play, and allowing players to feel both welcome and confident in their abilities. We are the Gold Sponsors of the Peninsula Eagles Atom Division and look forward to seeing you with us! Thank you to Victoria Minor Hockey for the support Week 2 at Oak Bay Rec!
Victoria Hockey School Feature Coaches:
- Nate Leslie – 7 years professional player, 12 years professional skills development coach. Leslie Global Sports Director, MEd
- Boe Leslie – 8 years professional player, 12 years professional skills development coach. Northern Roots Hockey Director, Baltimore Youth Hockey Director
- Rob Armstrong – Pacific Hockey Academy Coach, Former skills director for Los Angeles Junior Kings, Peninsula Eagles Novice IP Coach
- Kate Flynn – Victoria Grizzlies, BCHL. CATA, BAET Camosun College
- Monika Allen -CATA, BAET, Camosun College
- 2017 Final coach roster TBA
- LGS Coach Bios: Click Here
Boe & Nate Leslie:
Boe and Nate are full time youth hockey professionals. Nate has a Master of International Education degree, Boe is a youth hockey director in Baltimore, MD. Nate is a graduate of the Victoria Salsa (BCHL) and the University of Victoria, and creator of How to Play Hockey Member Site. This is a great spot for your child! Learn more about us here. Our father has been a professional coach in Europe for 25 years and won 3 Spengler Cups (Team Canada and Cologne Sharks).
Thanks again for the great summer camp! Carter has successfully made the Atom rep team and he thanks his Victoria Hockey School coaches!!!Colin Hartigan, Fort McMurray, AB
We are now accepting Victoria Hockey School registrations for 2017 at Panorama Rec Center and Oak Bay Rec Center. Space is limited, and the fun is endless, so get signed up today! Oak Bay camp in the works, stay tuned!
I just wanted to send you a big thank you for the week. Matteo and Violet really enjoyed the camp. Whatever your formula is – it’s a big hit. All the best and see you next summer. Lisa Zumpano, Victoria, BC
Victoria Hockey School Highlights:
- Skill development focus in a fun and rewarding environment
- Open to players in House & Rep
- Daily pool/water slide
- Minimum 4 coaches on ice at all times, often as many as 12!
- Low player to coach ratio
- Differentiated learning environments
- Groups by age and ability in small area skill stations maximize efficiency and learning
- Goalie specific training every morning
- Player skating technique training every morning
- Guest coaches TBA soon
- Introduction to hockey specific training
- Agility and core training
- Games: tennis baseball, soccer, capture the flag
August 21-25, 2017: Panorama Recreation Center
- 7:30am – Drop off & help get dressed
- 8:00-9:00am -Ice
- 9:15-10:15am – Sport and Fitness (Shorts, T-shirt, running shoes, hat)
- 10:30-10:50am – Lunch (please bring a lunch)
- 10:50-11:40am – Swimming (bathing suit, towel)
- 12:15-1:15pm – Ice (Our captains will get them ready but parents welcome! Last 30 min is game)
- 1:15pm – Pick up
- 8:45am – Drop off (please help your players get ready if they need it)
- 9:15-10:30am -Ice
- 10:45-11:45pm – Sport and Fitness (Shorts, T-shirt, running shoes, hat)
- 11:45-12:15pm – Lunch (please bring a lunch)
- 12:15 – 1:00pm – Swimming (bathing suit, towel)
- 1:30 – 2:30pm – Ice (Last 30 min is game)
- 2:30pm – Pick Up
Pee Wee / Bantam Group:
- 10:15am – Drop off
- 10:45am-12:00pm – Ice
- 12:15-1:15pm – Sport and Fitness (Shorts, T-shirt, running shoes, hat)
- 1:15-1:35pm – Lunch (please bring a lunch)
- 1:35 – 2:15pm – Swimming (bathing suit, towel)
- 2:45 – 3:50pm – Ice (last 30 min is full ice game)
- 4:00pm – Pick up
Aug 28 – Sept 1, 2017: Oak Bay Recreation Center
Younger Group: (Novice-Atom):
- 9:30am – Drop off
- 10:00 – 11:30am – Ice (please help your player get ready. PM ice sessions we will make sure they are taken care of).
- 11:45 – 12:30am – Sport and Fitness (please bring shorts, T-shirt, running shoes, hat if it is hot)
- 12:30 – 1:00pm – Lunch (please bring a lunch)
- 1:30 – 2:30pm – Ice (last 30 min is game)
- 2:45 – 3:45pm – Swimming
- 4:00pm – Pick up
Older Group: (Pee Wee-Bantam):
- 10:00am – Drop off
- 10:15-11:15am – Sport and Fitness (please bring shorts, T-shirt, running shoes, hat if it is hot)
- 11:45 – 1:15pm – Ice
- 1:30 – 2:00pm – Lunch (please bring a lunch)
- 2:00-2:40pm – Swimming
- 3:00 – 4:00pm – Ice (last 30 min is game)
- 4:00pm – Pick up
Fun and engaging drills focusing on skill development, team concepts, and game understanding
- Stick handling sequences
- Puck protection
- Decision making and navigating the chaos of a game
- Small area games
- Goalie training: crease movements (PSM), stance and positioning, angles, depth decision making, game situations.
- Offensive attack (1 v 1, 2 v 1, 3 v 2)
- Defensive coverage
- Breakout options (age and ability dependent)
- Neutral zone transitions
CANCELLATION POLICY: $100 cancellation fee applies to all Registrations. No refunds are available after August 1st.
What to Bring:
Full hockey equipment, shorts, T-shirt, running shoes, lunch, water bottle, snack, bathing suit, towel, a great attitude, and a willingness to learn and participate.